Cricket has been played in South Wales since at least 1780, a match
being recorded at Swansea in that year, Margam cricket club was formed
a century due to sponsorship of Theodore, son of CRM Talbot who built
Margam Castle, family patronage continued until the estate was sold
in the early 1940’s and under its new owner Sir David Evans Bevan
club members continue to enjoy this facility, its game is an added attraction
during summer months.